October 18, 2018, 10:42 am

Academic Calendar

Intranet - Login




  1. Can I ask questions before I apply to the college?
    Yes. It is important that you ask questions and clarify any doubt before you apply. You can contact us via email, phone or in person. We can advice you on courses, living in London, transport and any other topic you feel important.

  2. Which courses are offered at LCC?
    LCC offers a wide range of courses in the areas of business management, travel tourism and hospitality, computer and Information Technology (IT) and many more. Please refer to our prospectus for more details.

  3. What are the minimum entry requirements to study at LCC?
    Individual courses have different entry requirements. Please refer to our courses in the prospectus. You will be able to find entry requirements for each course.

  4. When do courses start?
    Most of the courses start in late September, January and April. Some courses start in February as well. Short courses can be commenced at any time during the year.

  5. How do I apply for a course?
    You can apply for a course online, by post, by fax or by visiting our college personally. We will respond immediately after your application.

  6. How can I apply for student visa?
    Overseas students should contact the British High Commission or Embassy in their Country. If you are in the UK when applying for the for student visa you may contact the Home Office. You will need to complete an application form.

    LCC will be happy to help you with your student vias application. To do so first you have to choose the course you intend to study and complete application process. If your application is successful we send you a conditional offer letter. Once you receive the offer you need to pay half of the tuition fees in order to get a visa letter and other required documents for your visa application purpose. For further information please visit UKVisas.

  7. Will college help me in extension of my visa?
    Yes. If you have already been studying here you can apply for an extension of stay for further studies in the UK provided you are enrolled on a full-time course with the college.

  8. How do I qualify to come to the United Kingdom to study?
    To be able to apply for a UK student visa you need 40 points. The table below shows how the points are worked out.


    What you get points for?

    Proof and documents required

    30 Studying a FULL-TIME course with London Camden College (sponsorship) Visa letter from the College, and the documents used to get the visa letter
    10 Having enough money to cover your course fees and monthly living costs (maintenance) Bank statement or letter confirming that you have enough money available to cover your course fees and monthly living costs for up to one year, at the time you submit your application

    You must be able to prove that the money you need to apply has been in your account for 28 days before you submit your application.

  9. How do I pay fees from overseas?
    You can pay fees to the college from overseas by bank transfer directly into the college account. Alternatively, your friends or relative can pay your fees at college personally on your behalf.

  10. Is your LCC recognised by the Home Office, UK Border Agency?
    Yes. LCC is recognised by the Home Office, UK Border Agency. LCC has been awarded an A- Rating Sponsor Licence from UK Border Agency (UKBA).

  11. Do I need to have an IELTS or a TOEFL English Test?
    To study in LCC you must demonstrate competency in English Language. Applicants who did not have English as the formal language of instruction are expected to demonstrate a reasonable command of the language by taking a TOEFL or an IELTS test (for a TOEFL a score of 500+ & written test score of 4.0+ in conventional is required; or a score of 200+ is required for a computer based TOEFL test; for an IELTS test a score 5.5+ is required).

  12. What happens if I want to cancel my course?
    Please refer to College Rules and Regulations in the Prospectus.

  13. Who is a home student?
    For our fee purpose a home student is someone who is either UK or EU Passport holder or overseas student who has already been studying in the UK.

  14. Can I use the internet at college?
    Yes, all students of the college are able to use the internet access from the college when the computer lab is not being used for class.

  15. Can I borrow books?
    Yes. LCC stocks recommended course texts and subscribes to journals and magazines of interest to students. Students are able to borrow books for study on the college premises. In addition, the college has a state-of the-art computer library where students can access online information.

  16. What is an average cost of living in London as an international student?
    Apart from college fees, the average cost of living in London is about £9600 per year. This includes accomodation, food, transportation, books and exam fees. For more information please visit Work Gateways or UK Student Life.

  17. Will I be able to open a bank account in London?
    Banks are strict about opening accounts for students. It is important to provide necessary information. You need to show how long you will be staying in the UK, the reason for opening an account and proof of a permanent address in UK. Please contact the office at college to get a letter showing that you are a registered student.

  18. Can I have a discount on public transport?
    Full-time students studying for 14 weeks or more are eligible for a 30% discount on public transport. You can get an application form for the discount card at college. You need a passport photo and need to pay £5 to London Transport.

  19. What happens if I donít attend the classes?
    There is a minimum attendance requirement for full time courses. If you fail to reach these minimum requirements, it may affect your student visa status. Please refer to the student handbook for more details.